Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cherished Day

Friday was one of those days.  The kind that I know I will cherish for years to come.  My big kids had been at Academy of Arts drama camp all week and on Friday they stayed ALL day; like 10am-midnight kind of all day!  I had spent the rest of my "free time" earlier in the week running errands and volunteering at the camp.  But Friday I was able to spend all morning playing with Olivia and Allen.  We played games, doctor, read books, colored, played in the snow, and showed Allen all sorts of toys while he rolled around.  It reminded me of my early days as a parent.  We never had much to do and Isaiah, Emma and I would play, dance, paint, sing, ect. 

Now that Isaiah and Emma are school age most of our time is consumed with school.  Not that I am complaining.  I love teaching my children and watching them learn and discover the world around them.  But I do miss just being able to play and I often feel badly for Olivia and Allen.  They don't get the same attention and individual time with me that the older two did.  I understand this is just a function of where we are in life, but that doesn't make it any easier!  So, I must make a commitment to be more purposeful with my little ones.



All that being said; I thoroughly enjoyed my time with my little guys on Friday and then that night I was treated to a wonderful play put on by the Academy of Arts students.  My older two had a wonderful week learning about set design, make-up, costumes, lighting, and acting.  They made friends, learned more about the Lord during chapel time, and learned some major teamwork!  Already, they are wanting to be signed up for next year!!  Overall, the whole day was a treat!!!
before the performance

the entire cast of "Basket of Flowers"

No comments:

Post a Comment