Friday, August 19, 2011

PB&J

Not much has been going on here lately but school.  So far it has gone pretty well.  Both older kids have cried over their math; so hopefully they have that out of their system and we can proceed without further outbursts!! 

This year I have made a commitment to spend more time in the Word with the kids.  I have felt very convicted lately to fill them with more of God's truth and remove other influences that don't line up with God's standards.  It hasn't been easy to explain why we can't watch that show anymore or why that talk in inappropriate.  Funny how much my thinking has changed over the years.  If I could do it all over again we would have very little t.v., no cable and no video games.  But, alas, I feel like I must now have control over those things instead of completely removing them, lest I be the worst mom in the world (according to the kids!!)  All that to say I have really been enjoying using a Bible study from www.doorposts.com.  I have one for boys and one for girls!  It allows me to spend one-on-one time with each kids and we have had some really good discussions.   
You can pray for me that I stick to this change in our schedule; I tend to let Bible study fall by the wayside when things get busy. I don't want that to happen anymore.

On a much different note:  Olivia had her first PB&J today and she was so cute!!  She had jelly from ear to ear; she even rubbed it into her hair!!  I am pretty sure she enjoyed it!!!


1 comment: