Wednesday, September 28, 2011

No more fun!!


Over the last week I have realized something:  I am not fun anymore!!  This realization came as the kids and I watched home videos.  We used to spend our days playing games, riding bikes, playing play dough, painting, dancing, and other crafty things.  Now I am the task master:  "clean your room, finish your math, practice your instrument, put your laundry away, pick your shoes up!"  We never seem to take the time to have fun anymore.  Even things that the kids enjoy, like baking, seem to be over taken by me because I'm in a hurry or don't want the mess.  It is time for me to relax and enjoy being with my kids.  Don't get me wrong, I love that we homeschool and I get to spend all day with my children. But I haven't be slowing down enough to take in the moments and really, really enjoy them!  Who cares if they make a mess? It will get cleaned up.  Who cares if we are half way through our curriculum by Christmas?  No one but me sets the schedule.  I know school must get done and instruments must be practiced, but I want them to look back and remember childhood fondly.  I don't want them to remember a harried and hurried mom that didn't take the time to just have fun!!  So, in honor of our new venture to have fun, we made pumpkin cookies last week and I actually let the kids help. I mean really help!!  Tomorrow we are making pumpkin cake pops and pumpkin pie scented play dough. 


On a side note:  Monday night there were six deer in the field next to our house.  It was so cool to be only a few yards away from the beautiful creatures!  Not long after the momma doe spotted us, she started hissing.  We decided it was best to head inside!!  I tried to get some pictures but they didn't turn out very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment